A tight-knit team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals who devote their talents to developing quantitative models of financial markets and using them to trade systematically around the world and around the clock.
The Research group consists of highly skilled scientists and engineers, working in collaboration to unravel some of finance’s hardest problems. Within this group, our Research Engineers have primary responsibility for the quantitative software platform which underpins our scientific endeavors. Together, we build novel machine learning tools, do cutting edge research in computation, and run large scale scientific experiments with market data.
This role is a mixed one, well-suited to someone who is equally passionate about software development and scientific research. A successful candidate would care about writing elegant code, take satisfaction in building world class infrastructure, and enjoy using these skills to crack hard scientific problems.
- A Computer Science, Mathematics or Physical Sciences degree, preferably a Ph.D.
- A track record of writing correct and efficient code for mathematical systems.
- Comfort with Unix.
- Fluency in various languages and tools, e.g. Python, C, NumPy, Cython, SQL, Git
- Able to balance longer-term objectives with immediate needs.
- Works well with others and independently.